Hey Guys! Long time no post. Time to get back on the wagon, and what better way to do this than the annual yearly sum-up post!
1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Went to Disney World! Went to 3 weddings, none for people I was related to. Attended two bridal showers. Drank a (non-politically correct) Irish Car Bomb. And in less exciting news, I signed up for a twitter account… and liked it. I know, only further proof the world is going to end this year.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn’t make any last year. This year I have a plan -
1) Read one book a month
2) Write one journal entry about something weird or random or both a month.
3) Try to only go out to eat twice a week. THIS IS GOING TO BE HARD GUYS.
4) Try and cook something new once a month. I think I never cook because I'm sick of eating tuna casserole.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, just co-workers' wives.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Same thing I wish for every year, Pinky…
7. What date(s) from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 31. It’s Steve and I’s official 1-year anniversary, making it the longest consecutive relationship I’ve been in, ever. I feel like I deserve some kind of medal.
Also, October 5th. That’s when Sara and Erik were married, and not only was it a beautiful ceremony and I cried like a big dork, but that night at the dance club was the best night I had all year, or possibly ever in the history of partying. Captain + Monster = Good times!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Being complacent instead of being proactive.
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Other than this cold I have right now, and the bites I get from time clocks every day… not really, which is totally boss. OH! I fell on my knee, twice, because I slipped and fell like an old person and the knee just happened to break my fall. WTF.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I don’t know if this counts, but MY VACATION!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Erin graduated from college!! :D
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I don’t know, America’s politicians. All of them. I don’t discriminate.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Disney!! (I’m brainwashed!)
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
I had a lot of runners up (which will all be a part of my yearly playlist), but I have to go with… ::drumroll….:: Songs to Wear Pants To & Hannah Hart – Show Me Where Ya Noms At! I listened to that song on repeat, and I’m not ashamed to admit it. I also shred cheddar like it’s real money. Fact.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? Happier, which is an awesome trend.
richer or poorer? About the same, maybe if I squint a bit a little richer :D
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Traveled. That was a lot of fun.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Over-analyzing every little aspect of my relationship and instead just enjoying it.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Woke up, opened my present from Steven (diamond earrings, cause he’s pimp), ate McDonalds for lunch, and went to my Aunt’s for dinner. I ate A TON of food while drinking beer from Bells and Atwater. I also played Just Dance on the Kinect and was mocked not only by my parents, but Justin, Steve, Erin, and my little cousins… all under the age of 14. I felt really baller.
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
COMMUNITY! But that’s nothing new. I watched a lot of Always Sunny, My Name is Earl, and Home Movies. Downton Abbey was amazing! I watched all 6 episodes within a 24-hour period. I couldn’t tear myself away from it. I think that’s it… Notice they’re all on Netflix instant stream? Don’t watch a lot of cable unless I know something good is going to be on.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is such a strong word, but no. I dislike a lot of people haha.
26. What was the best book you read?
I read Kathy Griffin’s “Official Book Club Selection” and really liked that. I’m working my way through The Art of Happiness in a Troubled World, and I’m digging that, too.
27. What was your greatest discovery?
I may be approaching that age where wearing Hello Kitty stuff might be considered sad and inappropriate to other people.
28. What did you want and get?
Material: Diamond earrings. Non-material: The best friends anybody can ask for. Not new for 2011, but I always appreciate it :D
29. What did you want and not get?
Material: A new fucking phone. Non-material: Same thing I wish for every year…
30. What was your favorite movie of this year?
I didn’t see a lot of movies in theaters this year, but I would go with Horrible Bosses. I also revisited Toy Story 3 and I fucking love that movie now.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
The big 25! I spent 21 hours in a car on my birthday driving back from Florida. Not super thrilled with it, but Steve bought me a Hello Kitty ribbon and drove most of the way, which was nice :) I can’t really complain much, because I did spend the week before at Disney World… #firstworldproblems
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Direction for my future.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hannah Hart from My Drunk Kitchen!! I have a SERIOUS girl crush on her.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
It’s a tie between OWS and SOPA. Also the fact that now nobody under the age of 18 can get Plan B without a prescription, regardless of what state you live in. So fucking stupid…
37. Who did you miss?
My out-of-town buddies that have lives in other places other than Michigan (or the U.P., because it's so far away it might as well not be part of The Mitten)! I'm so proud of them all, but I wish I could see them more!
38. Who was the best person you met?
My new co-worker Tom!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
You can’t rely on other people to shape your future for you. You need to go for what you want regardless of whom it may affect.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"What about taking this empty cup and filling it up with a little bit more of some innocence. I haven't had enough." - Jason Mraz, "Love for a Child"
41. What are you currently obsessed with in 2011 that you weren't previously in 2010?
The Young Turks and YouTube subscriptions in general. I don't know how I'd get through the work day without listening to them in the background.
And, as always, my 2011 Jams of the Year: 2011 Here We Come!
That's all, folks! Stay tuned for any other crazy life developments or random chattering.
- Let's put this one to bed, shall we?